The Mississippi NBCT Network promotes professional learning opportunities for and advocacy by Mississippi’s National Board Certified Teachers (NBCTs). The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) approves networks in individual states to identify opportunities to broaden the influence of NBCTs and expand their influence to reform education. Networks play a key role helping the NBPTS achieve its vision to assure that all teachers are expected to demonstrate accomplished practice through National Board Certification. There are approximately 60 networks throughout the country. The NBPTS approved MPE’s application to sponsor the Mississippi NBCT Network in October 2017.
Mississippi NBCT Network activities include the following:
- Annual Network Conference: The network will host its first annual symposium in June 2019. CEUs will be awarded to participants. The conference theme will center around Proposition #5 “Teachers are members of learning communities.”
- Advocacy: The Mississippi NBCT Network encourages its members to advocate on behalf of National Board Certification and NBCTs, as well as public education in our state. We provide updates to network members regarding policy matters under consideration at the state capitol, as well as by the Mississippi State Board of Education, and encourage network members to contact appropriate decision makers with their thoughts.
- Support of Mississippi’s World Class Teaching Programs: The Mississippi NBCT Network supports Mississippi’s six World Class Teaching Programs (WCTPs) in the recruitment of NBCT candidates, as well as with financial support for each WCTP’s pinning ceremony for new NBCTs.
- Professional Development: MPE allows up to five members of the Mississippi NBCT Network to attend MPE regional trainings free-of-charge. Visit the “Professional Development” section of this website for additional information regarding these trainings.
- Online NBCT Community: Beginning in early 2019, this website will offer Mississippi NBCT Network members the opportunity to participate in online communities and discussions. Conversations among accomplished practitioners make all of us stronger as we work and support the education of every student.
- Monthly Emails: The Mississippi NBCT Network sends regular email communications to its members and other interested NBCTs throughout Mississippi. These emails provide the latest network news, including scholarships/grants, education and legislative updates, and other opportunities.
- Social Media: Follow the Mississippi NBCT Network on Twitter (@MSNBCTNetwork).
The Mississippi NBCT Network is open to all NBCTs in Mississippi. Annual membership dues are $20. Click here for the application.